Monday 31 October 2011

Mulberries tea room


Located at: 5 Bridge Street, Pickering



Service: 8/10 - Friendly but a little tardy; maybe I’m being unkind as we had a train to catch and were therefore clockwatching, but the waitress was definitely one of those who liked to chat and didn’t pick up on the body language of her customers.

Ambience: 8/10 – Relaxed and comfortable. Our table was in the window giving us a pleasing view of the street outside.

Interior: 7/10 - The furniture is wooden and comfortable and feels solid. The tables are generously sized meaning that all the tea-making paraphernalia was easily accommodated. One thing we did notice about Pickering in general was the large number of flies – there were several buzzing about in the window of the tea room. The tea room was spotlessly clean but the flies were a distraction.

Food and drink: 10/10 - Top notch. A lovely pot of tea with a generous milk jug (I do rather like my tea milky). I ordered flapjacks as my first choice of carrot cake had sold out. Never before have I been given two flapjacks in a serving!

My companion had the chocolate cake and, as you can see from the photo, it was a very large slice!

Overall score:8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment